before i got pregnant (1st trimester):
1. that the 40 week pregnancy countdown starts on the first day of your last period. who knew i was technically 1 week pregnant on my wedding day (surprise!). it does make it easy to remember how many weeks i’ve been married…
2. what exhaustion really feels like (i.e. the not-wanting-to-pick-my-head-off-the-pillow/take-the-elevator-to-my-office/fighting-yawns-during-meetings/all-i-can-think-of-is-sleep/lay-on-the-couch-as-soon-as-i-get-home-from-work kind of exhaustion). the last couple weeks i’ve been more alert, but boy, those first two months were tough!
3. how emotional i could be. crying for no reason…(i.e. on our picnic lunch today, nate was laughing at how upset i was that i forgot salt for my tomato and how the wind kept pushing my hair into my face. instant tears. and consoling. ridiculous, right?)
crazy ocd neurotic cautious i would be about germs/food cleanliness/expiration dates/level of done-ness (no more rare steaks…). i.e. having a freak out in the walmart checkout line…that i’m going to get whooping cough. i didn’t know i wouldn’t be able to eat lunch meat (without heating it), some fish, some cheeses…..like feta or my other favorite soft cheeses. no more farmers market samples….
5. how much i’d actually have to pee at night. it’s so crazy how God designed pregnancy to prepare a woman for those late night awakenings once baby has arrived!
6. how much love i could feel for our “pebble” already. and how much more love i could feel for nate (especially as he gets down and talks to pebble every night). so much love in me.
what surprised you about pregnancy?